I am using the Oracle Sales Analyzer (11i) to produce ad hoc reports, but it is hopeless with formatting. I know that I can export to Excel and apply my format there, but this is not very handy when I do the same report every month. Is there a way to access my multidimensional Oracle database with a tool like Crystal Reports, or something similar?
Certainly. You can use Crystal Reports and any other report tool that can connect to a database via ODBC. Easy!
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle and SQL
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.