I'm getting the "failed to load com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory object" error when I try to run a Java stored procedure to reach an LDAP server. Apparently Oracle 9i JVM lacks certain libraries for LDAP. Where can I get these libraries in JAR form? When invoked directly from Unix (HPUX), these same java classes work flawlessly using Sun's JVM.
You can use these classes if they are on your server. Make sure that your CLASSPATH environment variable points to these classes. Also, you can use Oracle's LOADJAVA utility and point to these classes when you create the Java Stored Procedure. This way, you can uses classes that Oracle's JVM does not know about, yet.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our PL/SQL, database administration and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.