This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
2. - Experts discuss middleware technologies and Oracle applications : Read more in this section
- From banking to big data: The evolution of middleware
- Learn the fundamentals of Oracle Exalogic from Fusion Middleware VP
- Why WebLogic Application Server is crucial to E-Business Suite 12.2
Explore other sections in this guide:
- 1. - Insights into Oracle Fusion Middleware adoption
- 3. - Oracle application integration tips and tools
- 4. - Definitions of middleware technology terms
WebLogic Application Server a big part of E-Business Suite 12.2Date: Oct 09, 2013
Oracle E-Business Suite is undergoing some changes, and EBS users may be pleasantly surprised by some of them. Online patching is a big feature of the latest EBS release, version 12.2. But another big change is that the underlying infrastructure will be WebLogic Application Server rather than Oracle Containers for Java (OC4J).
According to Oracle applications expert Floyd Teter, the change to WebLogic Application Server means that EBS users will have to change the way they work, particularly when it comes to customizations and extensions. Teter also said that administering WebLogic Application Server requires a different skillset than OC4J.
Watch this video where Teter talks about EBS 12.2, WebLogic Application Server and Fusion Applications, among other Oracle applications topics.