This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
3. - Conference Videos: Read more in this section
- Experienced DBAs need minimal training in Exadata, expert says
- Enable Oracle private cloud deployments with Database 12c
- Oracle RDBMS takes on NoSQL databases: Which is best in big data era?
- Address wide variety of user needs with Oracle data analytics tools
- Expert discusses new features of E-Business Suite 12.2
Explore other sections in this guide:
WebLogic Application Server a big part of E-Business Suite 12.2Date: Oct 09, 2013
Oracle E-Business Suite is undergoing some changes, and EBS users may be pleasantly surprised by some of them. Online patching is a big feature of the latest EBS release, version 12.2. But another big change is that the underlying infrastructure will be WebLogic Application Server rather than Oracle Containers for Java (OC4J).
According to Oracle applications expert Floyd Teter, the change to WebLogic Application Server means that EBS users will have to change the way they work, particularly when it comes to customizations and extensions. Teter also said that administering WebLogic Application Server requires a different skillset than OC4J.
Watch this video where Teter talks about EBS 12.2, WebLogic Application Server and Fusion Applications, among other Oracle applications topics.