Oracle business intelligence and data warehousing tutorial
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
The goal of Oracle business intelligence (BI) technologies is to turn data into knowledge in order to improve business performance. Easier said than done! Whether you're looking for in-depth Oracle BI and data warehousing (DW) advice and analysis, or just need to learn business intelligence or data warehousing basics, you've come to the right place. This Oracle business intelligence and data warehousing tutorial compiles all the news, columns and expert advice from SearchOracle.com's archives, from broad overviews of Oracle BI and DW to tips for those who are already working with Oracle's business intelligence and data warehousing tools.
Read the other sections of this guide on Oracle business intelligence and data warehousing:
In this Oracle data warehousing tutorial, learn data warehousing basics and data warehousing concepts. Get tips on using data warehousing tools, find out the most useful Oracle data warehousing features and learn about the most common data warehousing problems and how to solve them.
- New vendor has different approach to data warehousing: BIReady calls its approach "model-driven data warehousing," which allows companies to design, generate and populate a data warehouse or mart directly from a business model.>
- Do people really understand data warehousing?: A data warehousing initiative shouldn't result in multiple data silos, but too often that's just what happens. The problem, says guest columnist Rick Sherman, is that data warehousing is misunderstood.
- Peering into Bill Inmon's data warehousing crystal ball: "Data warehousing is just beginning as an industry," according to W. H. Inmon, the father of the data warehouse. So what lies ahead?
- Data warehouse woes? Blame your CEO: If you're disappointed with your data warehouse performance, find out whether your CEO is doing a good job integrating disparate business units.
- Top 10 new data warehousing features in Oracle Database 10g: Plus Consultancy's Mark Rittman shares what he believes are the 10 most exciting new data warehousing features in 10g.
- Deciding what hardware to purchase for a data warehouse: Data warehousing expert Ian Abramson addresses the question, "Are there formulas for deciding what hardware to purchase for a data warehouse?"
- Data warehousing possible on a disaster recovery hot site?: Our expert Brian Peasland responds to a user's question: "We have been granted approval to put together a disaster recovery hot site. Our CIO would like to do some data warehousing on the hot site. Is this possible when using DataGuard in a standby DR replication scenario?"
- Resources for Oracle DBA learning about DW principles: This expert response provides guidance for Oracle DBAs looking to learn more about data warehousing.
- Using export/import to clone a data warehouse: This detailed expert response addresses the pros and cons of using an export/import process for DW cloning.
- MetaBase scripting for the Oracle data warehouse DBA: This tip describes the merits of Oracle's dbms_scheduler package and the Oracle Warehouse Builder MetaBase Plus (OMB) scripting language.
- More data warehousing advice: Browse the archives of Ian Abramson's expert advice on DW implementation and ETL.