Sometimes its quite essential to know and use the database name on which your SQL is being executed. You can do...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
it simply by querying the GLOBAL_NAME view in Oracle. This query has been tested on Oracle 8.1.7.
SELECT * FROM GLOBAL_NAME;
For More Information
- Feedback: E-mail the editor with your thoughts about this tip.
- More tips: Hundreds of free Oracle tips and scripts.
- Tip contest: Have an Oracle tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize -- submit your tip today!
- Ask the Experts: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
- Forums: Ask your technical Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our active forums.
- Best Web Links: Oracle tips, tutorials, and scripts from around the Web.