What if you have a PL/SQL procedure that bases processes on dates and hours, and you need to determine if a date...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
is DST Start or DST End? Use the following built-in functions to capture DST Start and End for your application and apply as you see fit. Just remember the rules: 1) DST_Start is ALWAYS the first SUNDAY of April and 2) DST_End is ALWAYS the last SUNDAY of October.
SELECT NEXT_DAY(TO_DATE(TO_CHAR(V_DATE,'YYYY')||'-03-31','YYYY-MM-DD'),'SUNDAY') INTO dst_start FROM dual; SELECT NEXT_DAY(TO_DATE(TO_CHAR(V_DATE,'YYYY')||'-10-31','YYYY-MM-DD')-7,'SUNDAY') INTO dst_end FROM dual;
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our Oracle gurus are waiting to answer your technical questions.