If you created a password verification function and it is attached to your user profile, then a user cannot change...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
his password by altering user in Oracle 8.1.7. You will get an error as follows:
sid817 SamSQL :> Connect scott/tiger sid817 SamSQL :> alter user scott identified by "sameer2,3"; alter user scott identified by "sameer2,3" * ERROR at line 1: ORA-28003: password verification for the specified password failed
The error ORA-28003 says password verification failed, although the password which you are supplying is according to function.
The solution for this is as follows: First, connect as SYS. Assuming that you have a password verification function called VARIFY_FUNCTION, you need to issue:
Create public synonym VARIFY_FUNCTION for SYS.VARIFY_FUNCTION; sid817 SamSQL :> Connect scott/tiger sid817 SamSQL :> alter user scott identified by "sameer2,3"; User altered.
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our Oracle gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.