If your database is distributed across a few servers, and you need to access the database across these servers,...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
one way to improve performance is through the use of database links.
Here is a PL/SQL program that inserts records into a number of tables on one server from multiple different servers. Without using database links, this took hours to run the job -- now it only takes less than 5 minutes!
insert into table_a select * from remote_site1_table_a@db_link_site1.world; insert into table_b select * from remote_site1_table_b@db_link_site1.world; insert into table_a select * from remote_site2_table_a@db_link_site2.world; insert into table_b select * from remote_site2_table_b@db_link_site2.world;
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail the Edtior at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle tip to offer your fellow DBA's? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Check out our Ask the Experts feature: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.