This script will give you an idea about the existing usage of the TEMP/SORT area. If you are frequently getting...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
outputs for the following SQL, you have a shortage of sort area in memory or you need to fine tune application SQL. To increase sort area, increase the 'sort_area_size' parameter in init.ora file.
set pagesize 10000 set linesize 133 column tablespace format a15 heading 'Tablespace Name' column segfile# format 9,999 heading 'File|ID' column segblk# format 999,999,999 heading 'Block|ID' column blocks format 999,999,999 heading 'Blocks' column username format a15 select b.tablespace, b.segfile#, b.segblk#, b.blocks, a.sid, a.serial#, a.username, a.osuser, a.status from v$session a, v$sort_usage b where a.saddr = b.session_addr order by b.tablespace,b.segfile#,b.segblk#,b.blocks;
For More Information
- Feedback: E-mail the editor with your thoughts about this tip.
- More tips: Hundreds of free Oracle tips and scripts.
- Tip contest: Have an Oracle tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize -- submit your tip today!
- Ask the Experts: Our SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
- Forums: Ask your technical Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our active forums.
- Best Web Links: Oracle tips, tutorials, and scripts from around the Web.