When there are databases with different nls_lang, you need to change your registry parameters when switching between...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
DBs. Here is a simple way to open a SQL*Plus window to a database with a particular nls_lang without the need to change the registry.
Create a batch file on your desktop for every database with the name SID.bat, and type in these commands:
# this is an example for using sql plus on UTF8 db from a client
set NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.IW8ISO8859P8 o:orawin95binplus80w.exe ps8/ps8@ps8dvlp
# this is an example for using sql plus on WE8ISO8859P1 db from a client
set NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1 o:orawin95binplus80w.exe ps8/ps8@ps8dvlp
and so on.
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail the Editor at email@example.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Check out our Ask the Experts feature: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.