Sometimes when you recreate (drop + create) your snapshots at a snapshot site within a replication environment, the snapshot logs can be duplicated. If this happens, you must drop one of the snapshot logs--namely, the old one.
Glancing at the SYS.SLOG$ table will show you how many snapshot logs you have. You can then issue this
ow = snapshot log owner
master = master table name
date = using this format DD-MON-YY HH24:MI:SS
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL or Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL and Oracle gurus are waiting to answer your technical questions.
This was first published in May 2001