Sometimes when you recreate (drop + create) your snapshots at a snapshot site within a replication environment,...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
the snapshot logs can be duplicated. If this happens, you must drop one of the snapshot logs--namely, the old one.
Glancing at the SYS.SLOG$ table will show you how many snapshot logs you have. You can then issue this SQL command to drop the older snapshot logs:
ow = snapshot log owner
master = master table name
date = using this format DD-MON-YY HH24:MI:SS
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL or Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL and Oracle gurus are waiting to answer your technical questions.