You were given a system DSN, username and password. You don't have rights to pull up any admin console--but you...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
need to get a data dictionary quickly! What do you do? Try this:
lha=sqlconnect('systemdsnName','username','password') =sqltables(lha,"lccurs") select lccurs scan =sqlcolumns(lha,?tablename,"NATIVE",?tablename) endscan
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL and MS SQL Server questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL and MS SQL Server gurus are waiting to answer your technical questions.