You were given a system DSN, username and password. You don't have rights to pull up any admin console--but you
need to get a data dictionary quickly! What do you do? Try this:
lha=sqlconnect('systemdsnName','username','password') =sqltables(lha,"lccurs") select lccurs scan =sqlcolumns(lha,?tablename,"NATIVE",?tablename) endscan
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL and MS SQL Server questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL and MS SQL Server gurus are waiting to answer your technical questions.