By using the query below, you can calculate and display the database uptime:
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
select 'Host Name : '||host_name||chr(10)|| 'Instance Name : '||instance_name||chr(10)|| 'Uptime : '||floor(xx)||'days '||floor((xx-floor(xx))*24)||'hours '||round(((xx-floor(xx )*24)-floor((xx-floor(xx)*24)))*60)||'minutes' "Database Uptime" from (select host_name,instance_name ,(sysdate-STARTUP_TIME) xx from v$instance)
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best SQL Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best Web Links on Queries.
- Have an SQL tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Check out our Ask the Experts feature: Our SQL gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.