The 2009 Collaborate conference – sponsored by the Independent Oracle Users Group (IOUG), the Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG) and Quest International Users Group (Quest) -- is quickly approaching. SearchOracle.com talked with IOUG President Ian Abramson about what to expect at the annual Oracle user conference, being held May 3-7 in Orlando, Fla. We also asked him what he and users think of some ongoing Oracle issues such as cloud computing and Oracle maintenance fees. In this 16-minute podcast, Abramson discusses:
- What announcements and sessions to expect at the Collaborate conference
- Trends in user group membership and conference attendance
- What issues are front of mind for conference attendees, especially in the down economy
- His and users' opinions on maintenance fees, AIA, cloud computing, open source and more
|Listen to the podcast:|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
IOUG on 2009 Collaborate conference: what's hot, what's not
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the speaker: Ian Abramson is president of the IOUG and an Oracle data warehousing expert with more than 20 years of experience. Based in Toronto, Canada, he is the director of the Enterprise Data Group for Thoughtcorp, a company that focuses on business solution architecture, solution development, system integration, data warehousing, and business intelligence. Abramson has written numerous books on both Oracle and data warehousing and is a frequent presenter at Oracle and industry conferences and seminars. He is co-author of "The Oracle Database 11g Beginner's Guide" (McGraw-Hill Osborne Media, 2008).
|For more on the Collaborate conference|