Toad for Oracle has always been a popular Oracle database tool among DBAs and developers. Earlier this month, Quest Software, Inc. released Toad for Oracle 10, which includes both an Oracle DBA Suite and Oracle Developer Suite. Toad Product Manager John Pocknell said that this latest release focuses on the concept of productivity and includes a long list of new and enhanced features for many different Oracle users.
SearchOracle.com Assistant Site Editor Shayna Garlick sat down with Pocknell at Oracle OpenWorld 2009 to talk about this new Toad for Oracle release. In this podcast, Pocknell discusses:
- What he thinks are the top three features of Toad for Oracle 10 and why
- What Toad 10 beta users liked about the product
- How Toad compares with SQL Developer
- When Toad for Oracle will support Oracle 11g R2
- How Toad works as both an Oracle DBA and developer tool
|Listen to the podcast:|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
How to get the most out of Toad for Oracle 10
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the speaker: John Pocknell is a product manager at Quest Software based out of the European HQ in Maidenhead UK. He has been with Quest since 2000, working in the database design, development and testing product areas. John also spends significant time with customers at Toad User Groups and Oracle User Groups throughout Europe and the Asia/Pacific region, evangelizing Toad and holding Toad training courses.
John has worked in I.T. for more than 20 years, primarily in Oracle-based application design and development. He is a qualified aeronautical engineer, with over 10 years as a Business Development manager provisioning I.T. consultancy services and implementation of Quality Assurance systems to ISO 9001.
|For more on Toad for Oracle|
- Read a transcript of SearchOracle.com's conversation with John Pocknell about Toad for Oracle 10.
- Learn about Quest Software's sneak peak of Toad for Oracle 10 earlier this year.
- Which do you prefer: Toad or Oracle SQL Developer? Read what users had to say.
This was first published in October 2009