In its new report, Cambridge, MA-based Forrester Research examines the ever-changing database security market, including database security challenges, vendors and features. SearchOracle.com talked with Noel Yuhanna, author of the report and a Principal Analyst at Forrester Research. In this 16-minute podcast, Yuhanna discusses:
- Recent trends in organizations' approaches to database security
- What security features Oracle offers that other vendors don't
- Why independent vendors are important in heterogeneous environments
- Whether the recession is affecting investment in database security
- An emerging role -- the database security analyst -- and why it will be important going forward
- His advice for those managing information and database security
|Forrester Outlines Database Security Trends in 2009:|
Noel Yuhanna of Forrester Research discusses Forrester's new database security report, which reveals recent trends in database security, Oracle's security offerings, the role of the database security analyst and more.
|About the speaker:|
Noel Yuhanna is a Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, where he serves Application Development & Program Management professionals. He primarily covers database management systems (DBMSes), information-as-a-service, data replication and integration, data security, data management tools, and related online transaction processing issues.Please visit Forrester's Web site to learn more about Forrester's offerings and receive complimentary research.
|For more on database security|
- Find out how Audit Vault, Oracle's database monitoring and auditing tool, works with third-party databases
- Listen to a recent podcast with the IOUG president about the results from an IOUG survey that have raised concern about Oracle security.
- Browse through our collection of security-related news and tips in this Oracle security learning guide
- Download the "Market Overview: Database Security" report and other research for free courtesy of Forrester (site registration required).