With its acquisition of Hyperion Solutions, along with other technologies it has either acquired or developed, Oracle has significantly expanded its business intelligence/performance portfolio the last couple of years. In this podcast Don Burleson, a well-known consultant in the Oracle world, and CEO of Burleson Consulting, evaluates how successful Oracle has been in piecing together a cohesive Business Intelligence (BI) strategy. He also spells out what this Oracle business intelligence strategy means for IT professionals hoping to build a framework for its own business intelligence strategies.
In this podcast Burleson addresses:
- How successful Oracle has been in incorporating Hyperion’s BI products into its overall strategy
- The role Fusion Middleware 11g might play in infusing Oracle’s applications with business intelligence capabilities
- How important is performance management becoming as part of the business intelligence equation
- Whether BI-as-a-service will be one of the killer applications for cloud computing
- Whether pushing BI capabilities down to the desktop allow more users to participate in decision making processes
|Don Burleson breaks down Oracle's Business Intelligence strategy:|
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the Speaker: Don Burleson, CEO of Burleson Consulting, has been in and around IT for 30 years. As a corporate database consultant he has worked with a number of Fortune 500 corporations creating database architectures for mission-critical applications. As an expert on Oracle web technology, Burleson also played a central role in developing web-based systems capable of supporting thousands of users. He wrote the "Officially Authorized by Oracle Corporation" books on Oracle Unix Administration, Oracle Tuning, Oracle SQL Tuning and Oracle Application Server Administration.
|For more on Oracle BI:|
- Learn how Oracle has integrated Hyperion into its overall Oracle BI strategy
- Learn about basic business intelligence concepts in our Oracle business intelligence guide
- Take a look back at Oracle’s post-Siebel BI strategy