Oracle's buyout of BEA systems was neither a fast nor easy procedure, and this process is far from over now that the acquisition is complete. Many questions remain, both for BEA customers and members of the Oracle community: How will Oracle integrate these two companies? Should BEA customers fear these changes? When will we see these changes taking place?
This year's OpenWorld is the first since the BEA acquisition and BEA is bound to be a hot topic at the conference. SearchOracle.com talked with Floyd Teter of the Oracle Applications User Group's Fusion Council.
In this 15-minute podcast, appropriate for both Oracle and BEA customers, Teter discusses:
- What we can expect to hear from Oracle about BEA
- What both Oracle and BEA customers should look for at OpenWorld
- What he is looking forward to personally, and
- What BEA-related announcements he expects Oracle to make and what he thinks is the best way for BEA and Oracle users to approach the conference.
|Podcast: Floyd Teter on BEA at OpenWorld 2008:|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
BEA at Oracle OpenWorld: What to expect
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
|About the speaker:|
Floyd M. Teter is the Systems Engineer for Institutional Business Systems at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. JPL, a federally funded research and development center managed by the California Institute of Technology, is focused on NASA's exploration of the universe around us though robotic space exploration missions. Teter has been published numerous times and is a frequent speaker on project management methods, information technology strategy, and Oracle Applications at major industry and academic conferences such as the Predictive Methods Conference, Oracle OpenWorld, and Collaborate.
Teter is also very active in the Oracle user community: He is Chair of the Oracle Applications User Group's Fusion Council, a member of OAUG's Customer Support Council and Education Committee, and is deeply involved in the International Oracle Users Council's initiatives relating to Oracle Fusion. Teter has over 25 years of professional experience, including over 10 years in IT strategy, solution architecture and project management.
|Learn more about Oracle and BEA|
- Read about an earlier BEA buyout proposal and see how Oracle reacted.
- Learn about when the Oracle-BEA deal got the green light.
- Be sure to visit SearchOracle.com's
This was first published in August 2008