By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Our goal as an Oracle news source is to bring you analysis on the topics that interest you most. This special report is all about you -- the Oracle customer and SearchOracle.com reader. We recently surveyed 683 IT decision makers at Oracle shops in a wide variety of industries to find out what's on your mind. The stories featured here address the concerns that matter to you most right now -- including the high price of Oracle technology, upgrading Oracle and service-oriented architecture (SOA) adoption strategies. Check back frequently for more news you need to know.
- Oracle vs. SAP: The SOA factor: SAP is beating Oracle on the SOA front, and IBM has got the edge over them both, says one expert. But who's in front may not matter for many just yet. Plus, SOA planning tips.
- Is Oracle technology too darn expensive?: A large number of Oracle users say they'll consider switching to lower-cost alternatives this year, a new SearchOracle.com survey finds. Experts and Oracle customers weigh in.
- Oracle upgrades require careful planning: The next major Oracle technology upgrade cycle is getting closer. Will your company be ready?
- SAP beats Oracle in Jefferson County: Memories of an Oracle implementation gone awry and a problem with compliance functionality led Jefferson County, Alabama to choose SAP over the Oracle E-Business Suite.
|More Oracle user feedback|
- Oracle SQL Developer vs. Toad: Users speak out: A SearchOracle.com article that compared the latest version of Oracle's free SQL Developer tool with Quest Software Inc.'s popular Toad for Oracle software triggered an avalanche of emails from database developers eager to voice their opinions on which SQL and PL/SQL editing and debugging tool is best.
- Oracle SQL Developer vs. Toad: Users speak out, part two: Oracle developers are still speaking out about their favorite PL/SQL editing and debugging tools, and their opinions truly run the gamut.
- Eye on Oracle: Oracle SQL Developer vs. Toad: Users speak out: Which tool do readers think is best?
- SAP vs. Oracle: Users speak out: The ongoing fight for business applications supremacy between Oracle and SAP AG has technology professionals taking sides.
- Sybase vs. Oracle: Users speak out: A column by Mich Talebzedah touting the merits of Sybase on Linux over Oracle as a database management system (DBMS) got our readers riled up.
- Oracle vs. PostgreSQL: Users speak out: An interview had DBAs talking about the merits of the open source PostgreSQL database management system (DBMS) as compared to Oracle.
- Oracle on Linux: Users speak out: We asked you readers out there what you think about the future of Linux. Loyal Linux users (and some skeptics) wrote in to respond.