By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
More and more, we're hearing about Oracle and the Linux operating system together. Oracle has released a slew of Linux operating system announcements in the past several months, including an offer to provide full support for Red Hat Linux users at half of what they usually pay. People are talking about what the company's recent moves in the open source world mean -- this special report is your source for finding out. It features all our recent coverage of Oracle's developments in regards to Linux and open source, as well as breaking news, plus tips and expert advice from our archives on working with Oracle products on the Linux operating system.
|Breaking news & analysis|
- Podcast: Oracle Database expert talks Oracle-on-Linux: Oracle Database expert Brian Peasland talks to SearchOracle.com about running Oracle on the Linux operating system, Oracle's Red Hat support offering, the upcoming Oracle Database 11g, common Oracle security mishaps and becoming Oracle certified.
- Oracle's Red Hat support plan could advance grid computing, say experts: Oracle's plan to support Red Hat's open source Linux distribution could go a long way toward helping increase adoption of grid computing.
- Oracle swipes at Red Hat with new Linux management pack: Oracle is beefing up its support program for Red Hat Linux users with the new Oracle Management Pack for Linux.
- Inside Oracle's bombshell plan to support Red Hat: Oracle's decision to get into the open source Linux business shouldn't come as a major surprise to Red Hat, according to one IT industry expert.
- Oracle announces full support for Red Hat users: Oracle's Larry Ellison says his company is now offering full support for Red Hat Linux operating system users at half the price they normally pay.
- Red Hat 5 to add new Directory Server capabilities: The upcoming Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 server distribution will add identity management features designed to ease administration hassles.
- Oracle vs. Microsoft: The open source factor: Many IT pros believe Oracle's recent endorsements of the open source movement were designed specifically to destabilize Microsoft.
- Sizing up Oracle's open source tactics: Oracle's recent maneuvers in the open source software market are all about the upsell, according to one IT industry analyst.
- Oracle users concerned with open source support: Oracle customers are taking to open source technologies, but old concerns about support and security remain, an IOUG member survey finds.
- IOUG: Linux operating system to be top platform for Oracle by next year: An IOUG survey suggests that Linux will soon overtake Sun's Solaris as the top platform for Oracle database deployments.
- Oracle launches Linux Test Lab: Oracle Corp. is opening a Linux lab to conduct internal testing of its software on the Red Hat and Novell SuSE Linux operating systems, as well as the mainline Linux kernel.
- Red Hat Linux, Oracle apps travel in style: MLT Vacations managed to save a cool million with the help of Linux and Oracle apps in a decidedly chilly travel environment.
|Tips & advice: Choosing a platform|
- Oracle on Unix/Linux vs. Windows
- Upgrading Oracle: Linux vs. Windows
- Stability of database on Windows vs. Unix
- Best HA and OS options for data warehouse
- Recommendations for platform and clustering solution
|Tips & advice: Installation & migration|
- Migrating 9i database on Windows to 10g on SLES
- Oracle9i installation on Linux 9
- Upgrading to 10g with minimal downtime
- Using Data Pump to move a database from HP-UX to Linux
- Upgrading Oracle on Red Hat
- Migrating from Linux/Solaris to Windows and vice versa
- Migrating data from 9i on Unix to 10g on Linux
- Steps for importing an 8i database to a 9i/Linux system
- Upgrading from Windows and 18.104.22.168 to Linux and 10g
- Migrating SQL Server 2000 database to 10g on Linux
- How to install Oracle in Linux?
- Migrating from Solaris to Linux
- ORA-27123 after installation on Linux
- Patches for Oracle9i on Linux
|Tips & advice: Backup & recovery|