By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Oracle OpenWorld is less than one week away, and Oracle database guru Mark Townsend says it's going to be the biggest one ever. SearchOracle.com caught up with Townsend to talk about the show, which will begin Sunday at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco. Townsend discussed the major highlights of the upcoming event, including the keynotes that are geared toward database administrators and demonstrations of the newest database products like Oracle Database Vault and Secure Backup, Enterprise Search and ContentDB. If you're planning to attend -- and even if you're not -- you definitely won't want to miss this informative interview.
|Podcast: Database guru previews Oracle OpenWorld|
- Download the Oracle OpenWorld preview podcast here: During the podcast, Townsend also talks about the unprecedented size and structure of the OpenWorld conference and gives details about Oracle's Develop program and Extreme Weekend to be held simultaneously. According to Townsend, this year's OpenWorld is actually three conferences in one.
- (00:41) How big is Oracle OpenWorld going to be this year?
- (1:10) How will the conference be structured?
- (2:10) What are some of the highlights of Oracle's Extreme Weekend?
- (3:53) Is the Develop program at the show geared toward advanced developers, beginners or both?
- (4:28) What are some of the highlights of the main conference that you're looking forward to?
- (6:35) Can you tell us about Oracle's ContentDB and RecordsDB products?
- (8:28) Are regulatory compliance issues still a major problem for DBAs and their companies?
- (8:55) Can you tell us about Oracle's new Database Vault and Secure Backup?
- (11:30) Could you tell us about Oracle's newly unveiled Enterprise Search capabilities?
- (13:00) What is this new product bundling around Oracle Warehouse Builder?
- (14:07) Will all of these new products be demonstrated at OpenWorld?
- Expert: Now is the time for Oracle to clear up Fusion confusion: One analyst says that with OpenWorld around the corner, now is the time for Oracle and Larry Ellison to retrench, digest its acquisitions and present a clear product roadmap.
- Oracle Fusion Update Center: Everything you need to know about Oracle's high-profile acquisition spree and Fusion integration plans is here in one spot.
- Podcast: Oracle security guru Peter Finnigan on the problem with PL/SQL: The protective wrapping around the programming language used to write procedures and commands in the Oracle Corp. database -- PL/SQL -- isn't as ironclad as some might expect, says Pete Finnigan, a well known Oracle database security guru and blogger.