Lewis Cunningham has worked with the Oracle database in numerous capcacities since 1993. He has been a developer, team leader, designer, architect and DBA in both employee and consulting roles. He is currently building high performance, high capacity DSS and operations analytics database applications for a large financial services company in St Petersburg, Florida. Lewis specializes in designing highly maintainable applications using Oracle-provided functionality such as XML, AQ and advanced SQL and PL/SQL.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Lewis Cunningham, Senior Oracle DBA
- Log execution time for a procedure
- Detect if a column is NUMBER or VARCHAR2 in PL/SQL
- Loading data into Oracle
- Hiding objects in a schema
- Query for five most recent dates
- Connecting with Visual Basic
- SQL ANSI standards and compliance
- Developing a parser for recognizing HTML tags
- Oracle and SOAP
- Concatenating XML fragments
- Two schemas on a single database
- Using XML and Oracle together
- Controlling bandwidth used by XML
- Changing the tablespace for an XML schema
- Generating XML from stored procedures
- Rolling back Oracle XSU
- Stored procedures in concatenated XML
- CLOB string too long
- Is there a way to see XML data using SQL?
- Returning data from stored procedures as XML