Karen Morton is Senior Technical Consultant for Enkitec based in Irving, Texas.
For more than 20 years, Karen has worked in information technology starting out as a mainframe programmer, developer, DBA, data architect, author, researcher, educator and consultant. Having used Oracle since the early '90s, she began teaching others how to use Oracle over a decade ago. Karen is the co-author of two books from Apress: Beginning Oracle SQL and Expert Oracle Practices: Database Administration from the Oak Table and is a frequent speaker at conferences and user groups. She is an Oracle ACE and a member of the OakTable Network (an informal association of "Oracle scientists" that are well known throughout the Oracle community). She blogs at http://karenmorton.blogspot.com.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Karen Morton
- Do SQL arithmetic without using arithmetic operations
- Does storing documents in a database hinder performance
- Creating and retrieving a binary large object (BLOB)
- Oracle SQL: Using the analytic rank function
- SQL query for sorting through ID columns
- Replacing text strings in an employee name column
- Problems with row-by-row processing in Oracle Database
- Pulling data from a text file to query
- Using SQL Automatic Workload Repository
- How to change the date format in SQL
- How to use a CASE statement in SQL
- Using the Oracle CEIL function
- How to use the SQL MAX function
- How to use GROUP BY GROUPING SETS