Dan has been working heavily with PL/SQL since 1995. He has contributed chapters on PL/SQL to a couple of books (Que's Special Edition Oracle8 and New Riders OCP Oracle DBA), published numerous articles in various trade journals (Oracle Magazine, Pinnacle's Oracle Professional, Oracle Internals) and run PL/SQL workshops for companies he's worked for. Dan is currently working as an Oracle consultant for Dominion Retail. He lives in Pittsburgh, PA with his wife and three daughters.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Dan Clamage, Oracle consultant, Dominion Retail
- Using SQL SELECT, SQL UNION ALL statements for sorting
- Confusion around PL/SQL to_date and to_char functions
- Solve a PL-SQL error that creates dynamic tables
- Inconsistent data type error in Oracle Database 9i
- Making Monday the start of the week in Oracle SQL
- Creating a virtual SQL table for date values
- Using inline view to better query joined tables
- Avoiding and fixing mutating table errors
- Most valuable skill: DBA, PL/SQL or Oracle Forms
- Create tables to support drop-down menu for categories
- How to use a hierarchical query to generate ROWNUMs
- Understanding foreign key column naming conventions
- Using the PL/SQL input parameter
- What are the best PL/SQL books?
- How can I find similar values in two Oracle tables?
- When to use double quotes in Oracle column
- How to avoid duplicates of Oracle delimited codes
- How to copy data from Table1 to Table2
- How to use iterative scans to create hierarchical queries in SQL
- How to list rows with special characters in PL/SQL