Brian has been in the IT field for 20 years and has worked as a computer operator, operations analyst, systems administrator, application developer and for more than half of his career as a database administrator. He holds a B.S. in computer science and a M.S. in computer science, specializing in database systems. Additionally, Brian holds OCP DBA credentials for Oracle 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i and 10g. He currently works for NAU Country Insurance as a database administrator. Check out Brian's blog at Peasland.net.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Brian Peasland, Database Administrator, SGT, Inc.
- Oracle error: no data found
- How to drop tablespace with missing datafile
- How to archive and decommission a database
- Taking export for all schemas
- Exporting with LOBs
- File permissions when doing an RMAN backup
- What are the differences between database migration and database upgrades?
- Can I write triggers from Oracle 7 to Oracle 11?
- I am running out of disk space, how do I hot swap my drives out?
- Using rule-based optimization to optimize a query
- Clone database vs. standby database
- Cleaning a temporary tablespace
- Oracle 10g and Vista Premium OS
- Clustered computing vs. grid computing
- Configuring TNSNAMES file for failovers
- Why isn't my trigger working correctly?
- Effectiveness of RMAN backups for busy databases
- Recovering a crashed Oracle database
- How to perform an incremental level 0 backup
- How to use Oracle's export and import utilities