Brian has been in the IT field for 20 years and has worked as a computer operator, operations analyst, systems administrator, application developer and for more than half of his career as a database administrator. He holds a B.S. in computer science and a M.S. in computer science, specializing in database systems. Additionally, Brian holds OCP DBA credentials for Oracle 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i and 10g. He currently works for NAU Country Insurance as a database administrator. Check out Brian's blog at Peasland.net.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Brian Peasland, Database Administrator, SGT, Inc.
- Backup and recovery of Oracle 10g with forgotten admin password
- What is Unix shell scripting?
- How to get history of modified data from Oracle databases
- Performing a backup with table locks
- How to move data faster with a database link
- Export dump with files larger than 2 GB
- Errors when importing from production to development
- Oracle upgrade basics
- Can I export an Oracle database from UNIX and import to Windows?
- Analyzing wait events in Oracle
- Import on one table from dump file
- Why am I getting the ORA-01195 error when issuing a recover command?
- How to encrypt RMAN backups
- Manual upgrade vs. export and import
- Offsite database replication
- Redo log file problems
- Can I resize SGA while the database is up and running?
- Can I move a SYSTEM tablespace when the database is running?
- Changing the Database Identifier (DBID)
- Maximum limit Oracle DBMS datafiles