Brian has been in the IT field for 20 years and has worked as a computer operator, operations analyst, systems administrator, application developer and for more than half of his career as a database administrator. He holds a B.S. in computer science and a M.S. in computer science, specializing in database systems. Additionally, Brian holds OCP DBA credentials for Oracle 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i and 10g. He currently works for NAU Country Insurance as a database administrator. Check out Brian's blog at Peasland.net.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Brian Peasland, Database Administrator, SGT, Inc.
- New to RMAN
- Each table in import giving errors
- IMP errors with schema import
- Copying all objects to another user
- Method for refreshing training databases
- How to import data to a different user?
- Using traditional and RMAN backup at same time
- Which instance is a user connected through?
- Error while loading shared library
- ORA-01991 when trying to start up
- Restoring DBF files
- Startup sequence for 9i database
- Doing an export while someone is using the system
- Difference between RMAN and traditional backup methods
- Command for full export
- Precautions while taking a backup
- Taking backup on Unix and restoring to Windows or Linux
- Steps for recovering database with RMAN hot backup
- Restore a Monday backup and roll forward to Tuesday evening
- Copying a database to a CD