Brian has been in the IT field for 20 years and has worked as a computer operator, operations analyst, systems administrator, application developer and for more than half of his career as a database administrator. He holds a B.S. in computer science and a M.S. in computer science, specializing in database systems. Additionally, Brian holds OCP DBA credentials for Oracle 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i and 10g. He currently works for NAU Country Insurance as a database administrator. Check out Brian's blog at Peasland.net.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Brian Peasland, Database Administrator, SGT, Inc.
- Migrating database to new storage box
- Recovering without backup
- Moving Oracle from C to E drive
- First time restoring records from backup
- Which databases are available?
- Forcing a user to reset password
- ORA-02248 error while trying to import
- Migrating data to new server without loss
- Creating new tablespace in oradata folder
- Migrating with ASM
- Switching database to archive log mode
- Recovering system datafile without backup
- Clone database with exp/imp on Linux
- Problems backing up LOB tables
- "Only a DBA can import a file exported by another DBA" error
- Recovering lost datafile
- Creating an RMAN catalog
- Performing full backup without all archivelogs
- Backing up database on another PC in local network
- Restoring corrupted tablespace