Brian has been in the IT field for 20 years and has worked as a computer operator, operations analyst, systems administrator, application developer and for more than half of his career as a database administrator. He holds a B.S. in computer science and a M.S. in computer science, specializing in database systems. Additionally, Brian holds OCP DBA credentials for Oracle 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i and 10g. He currently works for NAU Country Insurance as a database administrator. Check out Brian's blog at Peasland.net.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Brian Peasland, Database Administrator, SGT, Inc.
- Locating exp920 executable
- GUI-based Oracle auditing software?
- Changing location of controlfile during RMAN backup
- Copying database structure without data
- ORA-600 error after full backup
- Migrating/upgrading Oracle database from Unix to Linux
- Exporting Oracle database on Linux for backup
- Datafiles on different backup disk from controlfile
- Example scripts for Oracle9i cold backup on Linux
- Opening a database with a missing datafile
- Are records inserted during backup?
- Upgrading Sun OS with Oracle9i
- SCN entries in controlfile during database crash
- Cloning database with hot backup
- Restoring tablespace on another instance and another server
- Moving temp tablespace and temp file in 10g
- Tools to migrate/export data from 8i to 10g
- Auditing or tracking changes in Oracle 10g
- Two catalog databases for primary and standby?
- RMAN backs up for a few hours then fails