Brian has been in the IT field for 20 years and has worked as a computer operator, operations analyst, systems administrator, application developer and for more than half of his career as a database administrator. He holds a B.S. in computer science and a M.S. in computer science, specializing in database systems. Additionally, Brian holds OCP DBA credentials for Oracle 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i and 10g. He currently works for NAU Country Insurance as a database administrator. Check out Brian's blog at Peasland.net.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Brian Peasland, Database Administrator, SGT, Inc.
- Managing Oracle connections from third-party apps
- Perfect the Oracle RMAN duplicate 10g command
- Managing SQL parent table-child table relations
- How to copy Oracle Database 9i to new server
- Why won't TNS listener connect with Oracle Database 11g
- Where to look for Oracle DBA learning materials
- Call stored procedures inside user-defined functions
- Oracle temporary tablespace too large
- Copy Oracle Database but with no data
- Changing file paths in a recovered Oracle database
- Restoring to backup for a disaster recovery plan
- How can I identify data files with active Oracle I/O?
- Can I use special characters in Oracle table names?
- Performing an Oracle application backup
- Server load problems after moving from Oracle XE to SE
- Minimize database downtime when moving an Oracle DB
- Understanding rollback in Oracle
- How to perform incomplete recovery in Oracle
- How to add disk to ASM diskgroup with two-way mirroring
- Does Oracle support non-certified products?