When will the Oracle8i track (OCP DBA) be retired?
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
There has not yet been a retirement date set for the Oracle8i DBA track. Typically, Oracle retires a track once the version of Oracle which is 2 releases later comes out. For instance, when 9i was released, Oracle announced the retirement of the Oracle8 DBA track leaving only the Oracle8i and Oracle9i tracks as options.
You can use the "2 releases later" method as a general timeframe for track retirements.
Retirement announcements are sent out in e-mail to all who have taken exams in the retiring track and who have current e-mail addresses on file with Prometric testing service. The retirement announcements are also posted on the OCP Web site at least six months in advance of the actual retirement date.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.