It is unfortunate that your DBA is not performing as
expected. Hopefully, you'll be able to find out if it
is your expectations that are too high, or if you have
an unqualified individual for the job. SearchDatabase
has compiled a list of topics about general database
administration. You can find these topics here:
One of the best articles I've ever seen written about
questions to ask a potential DBA in a job interview is
by Mike Ault. You can find a copy of this article
You might want to see how many questions your current DBA can answer!
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
This was first published in April 2002