What are MAEs in the Internet?
The MAE abbreviation stands for Metropolitan Area Exchange, which is now a service mark of MCI. Check out the formal definition of a MAE at http://www.whatis.com
The "short and sweet" definition is a roughly city sized LAN, using relatively high-speed (10+ Mbps) connections between the nodes.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Database Design Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have a Database Design tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Database Design questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our Database Design guru is waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Related Q&A from Pat Phelan
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.