Do I need to have another application such as WebDB to view my database via a Web browser? Or if not, how do I...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
In order to access the database, on any platform, you will need an application. SQL*Plus is an application. WebDB is another application.
To view the database through a Web browswer, you will need an application as well. Oracle 9i does include a new application called iSQL. This is a Web-based version of SQL*Plus. Initially, this product was released for Oracle 8i as beta software. Technet has the documentation on how to install and configure iSQL.
Another method you can use is to set up and configure Oracle Enterprise Manager to be accessed through the Web. The OEM documentation has configuration details.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.