I want to use FTP for transferring .txt files spooled from an SQL statement. Can you help me with the best, most...
efficient way to do it? We are using Oracle on a Solaris platform. > Thanks in advance ..for ur help..
Do you want to FTP from SQL*Plus? If so, then the best way may be to write a Java Stored Procedure to envoke a shell command (the FTP command). You can even write a batch file for your FTP command. Please refer to the main pages for 'ftp' for more information.
I'm not sure if I answered your question or not. If I didn't, please be more specific in the advice that you seek.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.