Do you want to FTP from SQL*Plus? If so, then the best way may be to write a Java Stored Procedure to envoke a shell command (the FTP command). You can even write a batch file for your FTP command. Please refer to the main pages for 'ftp' for more information.
I'm not sure if I answered your question or not. If I didn't, please be more specific in the advice that you seek.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
This was first published in October 2002