By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
- Download the patch from Oracle's Metalink Web site.
- UnTAR it on the database server.
- Shut down all databases using the Oracle9i home.
- Apply the patchset to the Oracle binaries.
- Start up all databases using the Oracle9i home and run required SQL scripts within each database.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Related Q&A from Maria Anderson
We would like to migrate our database from Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 10g. We would like to know the impact for our application developed using Delphi ...continue reading
Can I use /var/opt/oracle/oratab to specify listener information?continue reading
I have been trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on SUSE Linux 9.0 and got the error: "Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/...../*.mk."continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.