I want to upgrade Oracle 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 on HP-Unix 9000 64-bit. I have five production databases in Oracle 184.108.40.206. Please let me know the procedure/process. Thanks.
The basic steps for applying the Oracle 220.127.116.11 patchset are:
- Download the patch from Oracle's Metalink Web site.
- UnTAR it on the database server.
- Shut down all databases using the Oracle9i home.
- Apply the patchset to the Oracle binaries.
- Start up all databases using the Oracle9i home and run required SQL scripts within each database.
The step-by-step instructions are quite detailed and beyond the scope of this forum, but when you download the Oracle 18.104.22.168 patchset from Metalink, a README file with instructions for installing the patch is included. Ensure you have an appropriate back-out plan in place just in case the patch fails. This includes having an appropriate backup of all your databases, as well as the Oracle software and inventory.