I want to upgrade Oracle 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 on HP-Unix 9000 64-bit. I have five production databases in Oracle 18.104.22.168. Please let me know the procedure/process. Thanks.
The basic steps for applying the Oracle 22.214.171.124 patchset are:
- Download the patch from Oracle's Metalink Web site.
- UnTAR it on the database server.
- Shut down all databases using the Oracle9i home.
- Apply the patchset to the Oracle binaries.
- Start up all databases using the Oracle9i home and run required SQL scripts within each database.
The step-by-step instructions are quite detailed and beyond the scope of this forum, but when you download the Oracle 126.96.36.199 patchset from Metalink, a README file with instructions for installing the patch is included. Ensure you have an appropriate back-out plan in place just in case the patch fails. This includes having an appropriate backup of all your databases, as well as the Oracle software and inventory.
Dig deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.