- Download a copy of OPatch from Metalink. This patch requires OPatch version 184.108.40.206.54.
- Shut down all databases and listeners using the ORACLE_HOME to be patched.
- Apply the patch using OPatch. Check the log files for errors.
- Start up each database using this ORACLE_HOME and run the catcpu.sql script. Again, check for errors or problems.
- Recompile any invalid objects in the databases.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.