How can I update FoxPro fields of a .dbf file with the data from an Oracle table?
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
You should be able to set up an ODBC datasource for your Oracle database that you could access from within FoxPro. Once you've made that connection, you can simply insert from the Oracle tables into the FoxPro tables.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle and SQL
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.