Are 'Updateable Snapshots' possible with Oracle 9i Standard Edition? We have three servers. Two are on Master Replication....
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
The second and third are on Updateable Snapshot -- data flows from both sides. Presently we are using Enterprise version. We want to shift to Standard version if the functionality is supported.
With standard you get Basic Replication functionality which provides bi-directional replication with automated conflict detection and resolution supports configurations that include a SINGLE updatable master site with multiple updatable or read-only snapshot sites.
Enterprise supports Advanced Replication which includes basic replication plus multi-master replication functionality. Advanced Replication includes online DML during replication environment changes, Replication Manager, and parallel propagation to maximize throughput.
So, if you need to have more than one master, standard won't work.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.