To uninstall Oracle, follow these steps:
1. Go to Services and make sure that all Oracle
services are stopped.
2. Invoke the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) to uninstall the software.
3. Go to Start->Run and type 'regedit' to invoke the registry editor.
4. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftware and delete the Oracle folder.
5. Right click on My Computer and select Properties. Click to access the Environment Variables. Find the PATH environment variable and edit it to remove any occurences of Oracle directories.
6. Using Explorer, remove any remaining Oracle directories, notably the ORACLE_HOME and C:Program FilesOracle. If there are files you cannot remove, reboot your machine and retry the delete operation.
You should now have a clean machine that you can
reinstall Oracle on.
This was first published in September 2003