To remove Oracle components from a Windows XP machine, first take a full system backup of your server! You could...
try uninstalling Oracle via the Installer but if this does not work, follow this manual procedure:
- Ensure you are logged in as a user with Administrator privileges.
- Stop all Oracle services (if any are running).
- Remove the Oracle entries in the Windows registry.
- Clean up the environment settings.
- Delete the software and icons.
- Empty the recycle bin.
- Reboot your computer.
- Optionally, if you are on Windows 2000 or XP run the System Defragmenter.
Detailed steps can be found in the Oracle Installation Guide for Windows on Oracle's Technology Network.
Note that neither Oracle 8, nor Oracle8i, is certified to run on the Windows XP platform. Refer to Oracle's certification matrix for additional information.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Related Q&A from Maria Anderson
We would like to migrate our database from Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 10g. We would like to know the impact for our application developed using Delphi ...continue reading
Can I use /var/opt/oracle/oratab to specify listener information?continue reading
I have been trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on SUSE Linux 9.0 and got the error: "Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/...../*.mk."continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.