When I uninstall Oracle 8i, the services still show up in the administrative tasks (services) on Win2000. How can...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
I remove thess services?
You'll have to edit the registry to delete all existing ORACLE services. First make sure all services are stopped, then use the Registry Editor (REGEDIT) and remove any folders in the locations listed below that have the service name you wish to remove.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet00X\ServicesThere are typically two control sets, ControlSet001 and ControlSet002. But, your environment may be different. Therefore, check all of your control sets, signified by the X, that exist in your registry. Delete any folders in the above locations with the name OracleXXX.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle DBA jobs, training and certification
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.