- Download the patch from Oracle's MetaLink Web site.
- UnTAR them on the database server.
- Shut down all databases using the Oracle8i home.
- Apply the patchset to the Oracle binaries.
- Start up all databases using the Oracle8i home and run required SQL scripts within each database.
The step-by-step instructions are quite detailed and beyond the scope of this forum, but when you download the Oracle 126.96.36.199 patchset from MetaLink, a README file with instructions for installing the patch is included. Applying the Oracle patchset to the binaries will modify or replace binaries and/or libraries as required.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Related Q&A from Maria Anderson
I'm getting errors while installing the Database Configuration Assistant.continue reading
I have been trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on SUSE Linux 9.0 and got the error: "Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/...../*.mk."continue reading
Can I use /var/opt/oracle/oratab to specify listener information?continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.