- Download the patch from Oracle's MetaLink Web site.
- UnTAR them on the database server.
- Shut down all databases using the Oracle8i home.
- Apply the patchset to the Oracle binaries.
- Start up all databases using the Oracle8i home and run required SQL scripts within each database.
The step-by-step instructions are quite detailed and beyond the scope of this forum, but when you download the Oracle 18.104.22.168 patchset from MetaLink, a README file with instructions for installing the patch is included. Applying the Oracle patchset to the binaries will modify or replace binaries and/or libraries as required.
This was first published in November 2005