- Download the patch from Oracle's MetaLink Web site.
- UnTAR them on the database server.
- Shut down all databases using the Oracle8i home.
- Apply the patchset to the Oracle binaries.
- Start up all databases using the Oracle8i home and run required SQL scripts within each database.
The step-by-step instructions are quite detailed and beyond the scope of this forum, but when you download the Oracle 18.104.22.168 patchset from MetaLink, a README file with instructions for installing the patch is included. Applying the Oracle patchset to the binaries will modify or replace binaries and/or libraries as required.
Related Q&A from Maria Anderson
Can I use /var/opt/oracle/oratab to specify listener information?continue reading
We would like to migrate our database from Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 10g. We would like to know the impact for our application developed using Delphi ...continue reading
I'm getting errors while installing the Database Configuration Assistant.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.