I have a Remedy datdase using Oracle 8.1.7, and I need to place the archive logs onto another table or database....
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
I do not want to use the standby database. I just need to split the archive logs. How would I go about doing this?
Oracle 8i supports multiple archive log destinations. You are probably only archiving to one destination right now. Modify your INIT.ORA file by removing the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST parameter and adding the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 and LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2 parameters to point to your two different destinations. Then restart your database. Your archive logs will now go to two different destinations.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.