Oracle 8i supports multiple archive log destinations. You are probably only archiving to one destination right now. Modify your INIT.ORA file by removing the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST parameter and adding the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 and LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2 parameters to point to your two different destinations. Then restart your database. Your archive logs will now go to two different destinations.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
This was first published in March 2002