We are using Oracle 8.i, with Win NT, ADO 2.7 and ASP. We are getting a random error that is killing us. The error...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
is 80004005 Microsoft OLE DB ODBC unspecified error. It only occurs on connection.execute and connection.open statements. Do you know the reason for this?
The connection between Oracle and Microsoft drivers is a big pain. I know this from many previous experiences.
Try using previous MDAC versions (2.6, 2.5 ...) and see if this helps. The better match between the Microsoft DLLs and Oracle DLLs is the catch here. Since the Oracle is 8i, try the best MDAC that works. I am very positive that an earlier version should work!
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.