What are the social effects of database, in terms of security, reliability and privacy of information held in the...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
A database is a tool. It has no intrinsic social effect whatsoever. The use of the tool could have social effects, but those effects would depend completely on the tool user.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Database Design Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your database design -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle competitors and market analysis
Related Q&A from Pat Phelan
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.