I wish to know how I can send a fax to people using database triggers to capture values entered in specific co...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Oracle will not let you send faxes natively from the database. So you'll need faxing software of some sort on your database server. Some faxing software will be able to receive email while others will be able to read the data from a disk file. Depending on your software, you can code your trigger to use the UTL_SMTP package to send an email or use the UTL_FILE package to generate a disk file. Then you'll have to figure out how to fire up the faxing software!
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available here.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.