I'm now using Visual Basic to develop an archive system that can scan papers and keep them inside the file server....
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
My question is can I do this in Oracle and save the images inside the database?
If you're using Oracle 8i and above, there is a DBMS package called DBMS_LOB to handle all interactions with images, documents and all kinds of unstructured data.
You can extract the binary data of the image into a long variable in VB AND use DBMS_LOB and an update to put it inside the database.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle DBA jobs, training and certification
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.