I'm now using Visual Basic to develop an archive system that can scan papers and keep them inside the file server....
My question is can I do this in Oracle and save the images inside the database?
If you're using Oracle 8i and above, there is a DBMS package called DBMS_LOB to handle all interactions with images, documents and all kinds of unstructured data.
You can extract the binary data of the image into a long variable in VB AND use DBMS_LOB and an update to put it inside the database.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle DBA jobs, training and certification
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.