You can install Oracle9i on:
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Windows NT with service pack 5 or higher.
- Windows NT includes: Windows NT Workstation 4.0, Windows NT Server 4.0, Windows NT Server Enterprise Edition 4.0, and Windows NT 4.0 Server, Terminal Server Edition
- Windows 2000 with service pack 1 or higher.
- Windows 2000 includes: Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Datacenter, and Terminal Services
- Windows XP Professional
Processor requirements are:
- Minimal Processor: Pentium 166 or Pentium 200
- Recommended Processor: Pentium 266
Hardware requirements are:
- RAM: 128 MB (256 MB recommended)
- Virtual Memory: Initial Size 200 MB, Maximum Size 400 MB
- Video Adapter: 256 color
For more information, review the Oracle9i Database Release 2 Installation Guide for Windows found here.
With respect to SQL Server 2000, the minimum requirements are displayed in a very compact and easy-to-read format here.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Related Q&A from Maria Anderson
I have been trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on SUSE Linux 9.0 and got the error: "Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/...../*.mk."continue reading
I'm getting errors while installing the Database Configuration Assistant.continue reading
Can I use /var/opt/oracle/oratab to specify listener information?continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.