You can install Oracle9i on:
- Windows NT with service pack 5 or higher.
- Windows NT includes: Windows NT Workstation 4.0, Windows NT Server 4.0, Windows NT Server Enterprise Edition 4.0, and Windows NT 4.0 Server, Terminal Server Edition
- Windows 2000 with service pack 1 or higher.
- Windows 2000 includes: Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Datacenter, and Terminal Services
- Windows XP Professional
Processor requirements are:
- Minimal Processor: Pentium 166 or Pentium 200
- Recommended Processor: Pentium 266
Hardware requirements are:
- RAM: 128 MB (256 MB recommended)
- Virtual Memory: Initial Size 200 MB, Maximum Size 400 MB
- Video Adapter: 256 color
For more information, review the Oracle9i Database Release 2 Installation Guide for Windows found here.
With respect to SQL Server 2000, the minimum requirements are displayed in a very compact and easy-to-read format here.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Related Q&A from Maria Anderson
I'm getting errors while installing the Database Configuration Assistant.continue reading
I have been trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on SUSE Linux 9.0 and got the error: "Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/...../*.mk."continue reading
Can I use /var/opt/oracle/oratab to specify listener information?continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.