There are lots of resources. I'm assuming that you already have looked at the Exam Cram books available on Oracle Press that covers this particular exam. Other resources include:
The Oracle Docs. I know everyone hates to read them. But everything you need to know is in there. I always become thoroughly familiar with the Oracle docs before I take one of the OCP exams.
You can also look at the Self Test Software (http://www.selftestsoftware.com). For about $100, you can get a CD with tons of practice questions on it. Once you learn all the answers to those questions, you should be ready to take the OCP exam.
Another good resource is a Web site called CramSessions (http://studyguides.cramsession.com/cramsession/oracle/default.asp). They have nice study guides for you to use.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
This was first published in August 2002